[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

Daniel Shaw daniel at afrinic.net
Tue Aug 30 06:25:52 UTC 2016

> On 30 Aug 2016, at 4:06 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
>
> Afrinic Ltd can discuss about the statements with the IPv6 Forum if it has any concerns about the statement made by the President of the IPv6 Forum.

SM,

I do not believe that anyone has any concerns. The statement is an opinion. Might even be a good opinion, but I’m not commenting on that either way.

However, it does not have baring on the accuracy or reliability of the 6spots web site data. In any way. The statement is a) subjective and b) about a completely different measurement.

You are conflating disparate information sources to draw an invalid conclusion about 6spots. That is all.

> One of the core values of Afrinic Ltd is transparency.  It is up to its management to determine whether there is a problem and, if that is the case, what it wants to do about it.

You have yet to show any evidence of any problem. Thus it is not the case.

Should you in fact report a valid issue with the 6spots data I can assure you it will be fixed.

Best regards,
Daniel Shaw