[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Mon Aug 29 08:47:15 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,
At 23:45 28-08-2016, Daniel Shaw wrote:
>However, there is no available data showing that
>the information is at all unreliable. And given
>what data is shown on 6spots, it's hard for me
>to understand how it could be unreliable.
>
>However, I look forward to your sharing the
>specifics. (Off-list, as I don't believe 6spots
>data is a topic related to any current policy discussions).

According to a Research & Development Support
Engineer [1] from Afrinic "Les opérateurs de
télécommunications mauriciens ne sont pas
préparés à passer à l’IPv6".  According to the
President of the IPv6 Forum: "Rien n’a été fait à
Maurice pour déployer l’IPv6".  According to the
data on 6spots there are eight LIRs in that
country with IPv6 and over 50% IPv6 "announcements".

Would it be possible for you to ask the Research
& Development Support Engineer for advice as it
may be easier for a person sitting in the same
office as you to explain how to verify the
information for that country?  If you encounter
any difficulties please send me an email with the
data you are working on and I'll try to help.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://defimedia.info/internet-probable-penurie-dadresses-ip-en-2016