[rpd] Policy Proposal Update - IPv4 Soft Landing-bis

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Aug 26 15:46:41 UTC 2016

No matter what policy we adopt, as the free pool shrinks, we will reach a time when some last two requests empty the remaining free pool.

If those requests represent a legitimate need for addresses, then this is an expected result that has been coming with more than 15 years warning and I do not see a problem.

Denying addresses to the customers of one organization in order to keep them so that some other organization can possibly get them later makes no sense to me.

Owen