[rpd] Accountability assessment

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Jul 8 08:40:06 UTC 2016

Hi Noah,
At 00:58 08-07-2016, Noah wrote:
>I was not naive when I asked all the above questions. I knew what I
>was asking and why I was asking.

I thought that you were asking the question to the mailing list.  I
don't think that it is naive to ask questions.  I also ask questions
( https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005565.html ).

>FYI, besides being an netizen and a community member, I AM A
>RESOURCE MEMBER. I therefore have all the rights to query anything
>and raise my concerns where I see fit. I just prefer to conduct
>myself as a community member.

Sorry about that.  I did not know that you are representing Neo TMT
as a resource member.  Mr Aina asked me to stop discussing (
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005783.html ).  I am
replying to you as I do not wish to violate the code of conduct by
not replying to a question from a resource member which was addressed
to me.  I agree that you have all the rights as you are a resource member.

>What I was trying to point out is that, whether a resource member or
>non-resource member, some decision regarding AFRINIC business ought
>to be openly discussed following the bottom up approach. [1]

Thank you for explaining that as it helped me to understand what you
were trying to point out.

>Therefore since some members are so bent on the argument that only
>resource members should be concerned....
>
>I beg to ask!
>
>Were the so called resource members/voters/the paying one's
>consulted regarding this new fees being proposed?

The above question seems to be addressed to me.  I could only follow
the last meeting remotely.  There was some technical issues (
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2016/005556.html ) and it was
difficult for me to understand what was being discussed at that
meeting.  As I was unable to follow the financial discussions (fees,
etc.) it is not possible for me to answer your question.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy