[rpd] Draft inbound policy

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Jun 20 23:15:04 UTC 2016

I am thoroughly opposed to this policy.

It is not fair in that it is a one-way (inbound-only) policy. If AfriNIC wants to participate in the inter-RIR transfer process, then it should do so as a full citizen on an equal footing.

Further, there is really no reason whatsoever to move IPv6 resources and ASNs around between RIRs as far as I am concerned.

Finally, making the qualifications to receive transferred resources so much less stringent than the current criteria to receive resources from the free pool is misguided at best, IMHO and likely to cause significant incorrect incentives in the market place at worst.

Owen