[rpd] Essence of the RPD Mailing List

SamiSalih sami at ntc.gov.sd
Sun Jun 19 12:23:41 UTC 2016

Dear AfriNIC PDWG Members,

It has become necessary to remind the list members of the essence of the Resource Policy Discussion, RPD, mailing list as well as the need to be professional in the course of policy discussions.

We have to respect other opinions and be tolerant of views that are different. By reasoning out the policy issues, we will together produce policies that are in the best interest of our region and the global Internet.

Other discussion should take place in the relevant discussion platform. As a reminder, the following discussion lists are available
community-discuss at afrinic.net For community discussion of AFRINIC-related matters (Open to everyone)
members-discuss at afrinic.net For member discussion of AFRINIC-related members (Restricted to AFRINIC members)

We are a growing community and everyone's cooperation is needed in setting some minimum standards for discussions. If we allow ourselves lose control of our emotions, discussions will drift in the wrong direction. As PDWG Co-chair we will exercise our mandate to ensure constructive discussion within the PDWG (on the RPD mailing list and in face to face meetings). We believe the community is mature enough to conduct high-quality discussions and come up with good policies for the benefit of Africa.

Sincerely,
AfriNIC PDWG Co-Chairs

Dr. Sami Salih  | Assistant Professor
Sudan University of Science and Technology
Eastern Dum, P.O Box 11111-407
email: sami.salih at sustech.edu
Mob: +249122045707