[rpd] Draft inbound policy

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:01:51 UTC 2016

Hi Timothy,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Timothy Ola Akinfenwa
<akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng> wrote:
> Andrew, please pardon my curiosity. Was thinking what exactly the law says
> (if there is any for a situation like this).

The "law" is clear, anyone can propose a policy.   THIS is the normal situation.

Do you oppose allowing transfers of resources into the AFRINIC region?
 If so, perhaps you could tell us why?

> Guess the community would be better informed should there be a next time. Or
> should we now rely solely on whatever comes out from the co-chairs?

There is no need to rely on co-chairs, when the text of the PDP is
clear.  Next time a proposal is made, it will also come from the
authors.  It may come from the PDP co-chairs if an effort has been
made to run it by them first.

Best Regards,

McTim