[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

abel ELITCHA kmw.elitcha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:51:45 UTC 2016

Andrew,
  I am saying that we should stop thinking about just ourselves as
operators, and start looking at what is good for the **consumers**, who
need access **today**, free of the limitations of NAT, free of the
constaints placed by artificially limiting demand for v4.  And once it’s
all gone, the world will adjust and move on, but artificially stringing it
out, doesn’t help anyone.

> Andrew

Which consumers are you talking about? Is it the whole Africa or a specific
market? Again, the wlhole idea of the "Soft Landing" is to share equitably
between members including newcomers and those who have  a low rate of
internet adoption.

I fully support the Soft Landing - BIS DRAFT-02 (
*AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT-02*) proposal.