[rpd] Soft Landing - BIS DRAFT-02-max allocation from/15 to /18

Bope Domilongo Christian christianbope at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:08:09 UTC 2016

Dear authors,

I would like to take this opportunity to follow up some amendment of Soft
Landing - BIS DRAFT-02 proposal requested by the community during
face-2-face meeting in Botswana.

For those who was not present, I would  briefly explain the rational behind
the amendment.

Based on statistic presented:

                 - 91.28 % or 1223/1340 AFRINIC members are small i.e
maximum allocation /22
                 - 8.74 %    or 117/1340  AFRINIC members are medium and
above

Based on this data, we can clearly see that the maximum allocation for
should be around /18 instead of /15 as presented in the policy in section,
3.5.1) Exhaustion Phase 1

During this phase, allocation/assignment of address space will continue as
in the Current phase with no explicit minimum but the maximum will change
from /10 to /15.

Regards,

Bope