[rpd] Statistics on IPV4 allocation in Africa as of 2016

Honest Ornella GANKPA honest1989 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:07:17 UTC 2016

Hello Andrew,

*So long as its being used to provide internet to the people in Africa,
wherever they are, whoever they are, and not flowing off the continent, it
doesn’t matter to me.*

I agree with you 100% on this. I believe this is actually what we all want
in the end

*We are all one continent, we are all African, and I stand by the view that
fair use = let those who need it and can use it, have it.*

I agree with you on this as well. In my opinion, none of the (soft landing)
policies were preventing people from getting ressources. Of course if one
needs it and can justify the needs, they can get it.

However we must keep in my mind that this is the last /8 we are talking
about. its depletion is inevitable but how are we going to go about it?
This is where we disagree. I do not believe we should rush into depletion.
Even if the process is slower in our region, it is not that bad. It just
means we have more time to prepare (policies and infrastructures) for what
comes next.

--
Honest Ornella GANKPA
Network engineer