[rpd] remote participation

Daniel Shaw daniel at afrinic.net
Wed Jun 8 12:56:15 UTC 2016

> On 8 Jun 2016, at 11:51 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is the microphone working?  The comments at the microphone are barely audible.

Dear SM,

As you can imagine, the volume coming from a person speaking into a microphone has a lot to do with the use of the microphone, and how near it is held to the mouth, as well as the microphone itself.

In addition, to maintain the language consistency in each stream, the interpretation service switches between room input and translated input as people on the floor change source language. This means that the input that gets streamed is constantly changing.

We’re working ongoing with the interpretation sound crew to normalise that as much as possible and also tweak the streams themselves, but sometimes a drop in volume or quality is short-lived and unavoidable.

I would highly recommend joining our jabber chat rooms and reporting to staff there for a quicker response time than mailing list emails.

When possible, we’ll make adjustments as needed.

Thanks,
Daniel