[rpd] Internet number resources reporting regulations

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat Jun 4 09:43:46 UTC 2016

As AFRINIC allocates/assigns, the WHOIS system is updated. ie - you
can't have it sooner.

When an ISP (acting as an LIR - Local Internet Registrar) hands out
address space to Customers, they *should* update their info at AFRINIC.
This may not always happen timorously - at least until that LIR needs
more space and AFRINIC says - "show me the records". Some do - via
Automated systems in their Numbering Management deployment system.
There is no reason to thing forcing LIR's to update locally would
actually work any better - unless the stick is really big.