[rpd] New Proposal - "Internet Number Resources Audit by AFRINIC (AFPUB-2016-GEN-001-DRAFT01)

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon May 30 13:28:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On May 29, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alain
>
> You and I are in agreement on most issues, except:
>
> On 28 May 2016, at 14:55, ALAIN AINA <aalain at trstech.net <mailto:aalain at trstech.net>> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Let not focus too much on how we handle reports and complaints. Staff will provide supporting documents on how they will implement.
>>
>> Reasons for reports, documentations to be provided and affected resources and parties, shall tell staff what to do.
>
> I do not believe that complainants (especially competitor complainants) have the right to "tell staff what to do". I believe they have the right to inform staff and staff - taking all factors into account - have the right to dismiss the complaints, ignore the complaint, conduct a preliminary review to determine if further action is required or embark on a full audit.

I think here too, we are in agreement except  for  the options of “dismissing or ignoring” complaints. All complains must be responded to.

As for whether a report triggers an investigation and what type of investigation, i said, it all depends on  :

- reasons for the  report
- documentation supporting the report
- ressources/parties affected
- etc.

All at staff discretion.

Please let not try to define type of complainers.  Whoever complains is irrelevant.

> I have no problem with policy "telling staff what to do" however the current draft gives a complainant that right, which I do not believe is justifiable.

Section 3.c read

 Reported:
The members have requested the audit themselves or there has been a community complaint made against them that requires investigation.

What makes you draw  such conclusion ?

—Alain