[rpd] Board Composition

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:03:33 UTC 2016

Hi SM,

Just to comment on this specifically (in my personal capacity):

>This community agreed to the following several years ago:
>
>   "When AfriNIC, can no longer meet any more requests for address space
>   (from the Final /8 or from any other available address space), the
>    Board may at its discretion and considering the demand and other
>    factors at the time replenish the exhaustion pool with whatever
>    address space (or part thereof) that may be available to AfriNIC at
>    the time, in a manner that is in the best interest of the community."

I’m not sure this really relates (though its just my opinion), since this does not refer to allocations to an organisation or member.  It refers to replenishing the available pool at which point any member who applied for more space would have access to whatever was in the pool after replenishment.  At that point, it would go back to the normal allocation procedures which are conducted by the staff and not the board, so the status-quo as to who controls allocations would remain the same.

Thanks

Andrew