[rpd] Board Composition

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Wed May 4 15:54:51 UTC 2016

Hi Owen,
At 08:36 03-05-2016, Owen DeLong wrote:
>There are only 8 elected members of the AfriNIC board. If [removed]
>is elected, then 25% of the elected board seats would be held by
>employees of [removed]. Personally, I do not feel that the board can
>properly represent the diversity of the AfriNIC community if we
>allow multiple board seats to be held by representatives from the
>same organization. While I do not believe that [removed] has any
>sort of goal of organizational capture or any nefarious intent
>whatsoever, the reality is that if this is allowed, then it does
>create the possibility for some other organization to achieve a form
>of organizational capture.

The Members of the Board of AfriNIC Ltd are elected by the members of
AfriNIC Ltd.  Using the words "AfriNIC community" fuels the confusion
between AfriNIC Ltd membership and AfriNIC community.

The composition of the Board of AfriNIC Ltd is divided along
geographical boundaries.  The bylaws do not limit of the number of
Board members who may be employees or be affiliated with an organization.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy