[rpd] Board Composition

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue May 3 22:50:14 UTC 2016

Owen's concerns on organizational structure are valid and there is need to look out for
and to avoid possibility capture of AFRINIC by a company, or as I  additionally stated
about a year ago, by a geographic region or country.

I got crucified for making those remarks during the last and similar AFRINIC elections a
year ago. It is not enough to say that voters will be able to see it and vote wisely, it
does not happen especially if those twisting the facts, as here, have enough resources
to distort the picture.

The concern here is genuine in addition to other conflicts of interest involving ICANN
etc that others have mentioned.

NOMCOM needs to do the right thing this time around, even if NOMCOM is under sympathetic
leadership, we need to grow up.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda