[rpd] LACNIC has adopted Intra-RIR Transfers Policy and Rejected Inter-RIR transfers Policy

serge ilunga sergekbk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:01:53 UTC 2016

Dear Community,

I would like to share with you the links below announcing that intra-RIR
transfers have been adopted while Inter-RIR transfers have been rejected by
LACNIC.

A new policy on intra-RIR transfers is now in force
http://www.lacnic.net/en/web/anuncios/2016-nueva-politica-transferencias
IPv4 Inter-RIR transfers policy proposal abandoned in  2015 as in 2014
https://politicas.lacnic.net/politicas/detail/id/LAC-2015-2?language=en
https://politicas.lacnic.net/politicas/detail/id/LAC-2012-8?language=en

IPv4 RIR resources post exhaustion period is coming with  issues that need
to be handled in a proper way. Discussions have been made on this list on
this matter and some  opinions (Inter RIR , Intra RIR transfers and out of
region transfer policy) have been expressed on this list.

As we can see, LACNIC has adopted policies preventing move of IPv4
resources out of region.

This fact corroborates the opinion saying that we can’t afford to sustain
any policy that will make legal the move of IPv4 resources out of our
region.

We are  a community driven organization and  our main objective is  to work
for the growth of Internet in our region. For each decision and choice to
be made  at the time being, we have to make sure that IPv4 resources needed
to migrate to IPv6 will be available for the majority of our members
(current, New and critical infrastructures).

Kind Regards.

--
*Serge ILUNGA KABWIKA*
*Skype: sergekbk*