[rpd] Some thoughts, and some actions required

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Mar 12 23:15:40 UTC 2016

On 7/Feb/16 18:00, Andrew Alston wrote:

> A.) NAT64-PT is not supported on many large platforms, including
> anything running IOS-XR or on anything running IOS Classic, in fact
> its only supported by Cisco in IOS-XE as far as I know, and for those
> of running Cisco, those boxes simply don’t scale.

FWIW, NAT64 has scalable support on the the ASR1000 (IOS XE), ASR9000
(IOS XR), CRS (IOS XR) MX (Junos) and the 7750 SR (TiMOS). Probably some
other vendors too, but the platforms I mention here are my typical scope.

Excluding the ASR1000, you'll need dedicated service cards to deploy
NAT64, in general.

Mark.