[rpd] Some thoughts, and some actions required

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Feb 7 15:59:59 UTC 2016

On 7 Feb 2016 18:42, "Andrew Alston" <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

> Noah,
>
> There is no big market out there?
>
> There have been 3586 transfers in the RIPE region since they started
allowing transfers, and from 2014 to date the total number of IP’s
transferred are close to, or slightly more than 18 million addresses.

> In the ARIN region there have been around 4.5 million addresses
transferred since start of 2014 (and its picking up)

> Added together, that’s 22.5 million addresses, or close the amount of
space AFRINIC has available total.

Fine but these are intra-irr tranfers if am not mistaken and not inter-irr
between ARIN and RIPE members?

If we are talking of tranfers within our own region then i rest my case...

> There is a market, time to wake up to reality and accept it

T.I.A

> Andrew

Noah