[rpd] Improving participation of francophone and arab country

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Mon Jan 4 08:38:33 UTC 2016

> On 3 Jan 2016, at 2:44 AM, sm+afrinic at elandsys.com wrote:
>
> There is an announcement at https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/announce/2015/001407.html with the following:
>
>  "Décrire le processus d'élaboration des politiques, l'importance
>   de ces politiques et comment y participer."
>
> As the above is one of the objectives of the course, how is the effectiveness assessed?

First level assessment: participant feedback post training

a) How many participants can describe the PDP and how it works?
b) How many know
     i)  The mailing lists used for participation
     ii)  How to register on the RPD mailing list and where to find archives
     iii) The procedure to submit a policy proposal

We do not teach (either because we really don’t know how or cannot do so in a 1 day course) or evaluate

      i) How to carry out intelligent discussions

Long term assessment would be how effective the people who _attend_ are in participating in the mailing list (assuming they subscribe). this we don’t measure