[rpd] [members-discuss] why to me, AFRINIC

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Nov 20 12:07:22 UTC 2015

Hi Paulos,
At 15:20 19-11-2015, Dr Paulos Nyirenda wrote:
>May be not BUT, as you will see from the mail, it was sent to a long
>cc-list - which
>made this message effectively a public message. I would have copied
>to the long cc-list
>but preferred an AfrNIC list first. As you must have seen on the
>list others receive
>many of these - publicly.

Thanks to Alan for the technical explanation.

The software which caused the problem was deployed in August
2014.  It is likely that the problem has happened before but nobody
noticed it.  The message was sent to over 100 email addresses and to
contacts in different companies and different countries.  If it
wasn't for your email AfriNIC would neither be aware that there is a
bug in its software nor would it be aware that nobody noticed the
problem before now.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy