[rpd] why to me, AFRINIC ? - Re: [AFRINIC #341108] AFRINIC Registration - YOUXUNCALL TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Thu Nov 19 07:47:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:33:23 +0100, Seun Ojedeji wrote

> Hello,
>
> I was receiving hundreds of those in my mailbox few days ago ...

Same, but then chose to ignore them, expecting that someone would act on this and that
it would then go away as a bad mistake, but then ...

> but it got
> resolved after contacting AfriNIC technical team.

I would have to dig for their e-mail address and did not have the time then or now.

> Based on the timestamp on yours, it seem the issue is lingering though I am
> no longer receiving the mails.

Lucky you, but does each one of us have to independently contact the AFRINIC Team? I
think that would result is hundreds of e-mails. Is one contact like yours not enough to
have all this resolved?

> When it happened in my case, I marked the source ID as spam a few times ...

I think this is not spam, the messages look to be valuable AFRINIC messages with only
the problem that it is being sent to wrong parties.

> and then Google learnt the semantics.

I do not and prefer not to use Google for these and for my normal mail unless necessary
otherwise. I prefer using my e-mail to be on my Malawi domain.

Regards,

Paulos
======================
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD
http://www.registrar.mw

> Regards
>
> Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
> Kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> On 18 Nov 2015 23:17, "Dr Paulos Nyirenda" <paulos at sdnp.org.mw> wrote:
>
> > AFRINIC,
> >
> > Why are these e-mails landing in my mailbox - is something broken at
> > AfriNIC e-mail system?
> >
> > As you will see from the mail headers copied here below, these e-mails are
> > leaking from
> > AFRNIC servers - why ?
> >
> > They look like confidential transaction e-mail from AFRINIC to its client,
> > they should
> > really not be landing in my mail box since I am not the client in this
> > case.
> >
> > AFRINIC network team, please plug the hole.
> >
> > Is there a good AFRINIC e-mail list for things like this?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Paulos

Paulos
Dr Paulos Nyirenda
Malawi SDNP Coodinator
Malawi SDNP Webmail: http://www.sdnp.org.mw
Access your Malawi SDNP e-mail from anywhere in the world.