[rpd] New Proposal - "Number Resources Transfer Policy (AFPUB-2015-GEN-001-DRAFT-01)"

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Nov 4 14:01:28 UTC 2015

>>> This proposal is, essentially, a combination of ARIN NRPM 8.3 and 8.4
>>> and as near as I can tell implements nearly identical effective
>>> policy.
>

> Effective always exist in context. Effective in Europe/America !=
> Effective in Africa. How did you evaluate effective of this other
> policy in other RIR?

I think you misunderstood my meaning.

My meaning had nothing to do with whether the policy would be effective or not for meeting the needs of the region.

My intent was to say that the policy, if implemented, would be implemented in a manner nearly identical to the implementation
in the ARIN region.

I am trying to avoid stating any value judgments here as to whether that would be good or bad for the region as this is a controversial matter of opinion and I do not want to bias the discussion with my opinion at this time. I would prefer to see more input from people that live and operate networks within the region.