[rpd] Re: [members-discuss] Board Chair and Vice Chair

Bope Domilongo Christian christianbope at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:50:18 UTC 2015

Speaking on my one capacity as a member of the community and sharing my
personal view.

Indeed Serge's observation should be take in consideration for the future
(or evaluate) and needs to be pointed out that this is the first time the
end of term of both chairman's coincide with reelection.  Clearly past
Boards took pain to avoid the situation and that is why it never occurred

I also think that the suggestion that there is an issue with new Board
members becoming chairman or vice chairman of Board is unfortunate. It is
an attempt to pre-judge the quality and experience of elected members.

The claim that everything on the board is minuted rather complicates the
discussion.
One would ask why does the board have such difficulty in publishing minutes
requested by community if that is so.

Note also that, the Board votes on aspects of nomcom appointment members
and output so the Board has oversight of nomcom no matter how little.

It would be expect that both chairs would recuse themselves and not
participate in the discussions with good governance practices, as an
example. The Board therefore has to appoint new chairs for that meeting
which can't be good.

My 0.01 cents

Hi ,

We can however, state how things actually work.  It seems that you are
basing your judgement on how you think they work, not how they actually
work.
Is that way consolidating the trust we need in our community?
After the events we have gone through last days (no need to go back), it's
our responsability to see how we can ensure that the community keep trust
in the BOD.
I don't think it will be wise just to sweep it away.

Kind Regards.

--
*Serge ILUNGA KABWIKA*
*Skype: sergekbk*