[rpd] Integrity Issues

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Jul 14 08:28:04 UTC 2015

On 14 Jul 2015 at 5:50, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Community,

Was good to see you at the Africa DNS Forum in Nairobi last week, hope you get this.

> It is unfortunate that we have been cornered to believe that whatever the board
> says (in their updates, minutes/etc) is untrue unless it incriminates one of the
> board member (in order for it to be judged truthful).

Unfortunately indeed this community mistrust of the Board may continue till community can
see that the Board is more open, transparrent, accountable and is not being inappropriately
swayed by those "powerful" individuals inside or ourside the Board. Only the Board can
improve its own image here.

> But remember that we have a board with 9 esteemed members and if majority of
> them do not have evidence of what 2-3 of them apparently heard, democracy
> demands that you must side with the (silent) majority who speak through the
> Chair of the Afrinic board.

One of the major prblems or deficiencies on the current AFRINIC Board is that the minority
voice is never heard, it is suppressed and it never makes out in the minutes, in vote counts ...
even in elections as we saw in Tunis, etc, just as you have put it here Walu.

It is often said in governance that it is the minority view or voice that changes the world but
those views are literary suppressed on this Board.

So, the community seems to get a great surprise everytime such a minority voice breaks out
in the open causing lengthy unnecessary and often petty debates like the one taking place
right now on these AFRINIC lists.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda