[rpd] Integrity Issues

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Mon Jul 13 09:28:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm responding to two messages here:

> Op 13 jul. 2015, om 01:54 heeft Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Please, is it possible for the bord to publish the minutes of meetings in which Andrew is alleged publicly at the AGM, to have claimed he bought votes and whether a confession can be described as no evidence?

And:

> Op 13 jul. 2015, om 04:35 heeft Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> I think the concept of lost in translation is making sense now.  Mr Alston made an admission in a meeting using his own words.  I'm surprised how that becomes an allegation.

I am really surprised where this comes from. I was at that meeting and Andrew Alston didn't make any such 'confession' or 'admission' there. I can clearly recall him explicitly stating that he did *not* instruct third parties on how to vote.

I am not really involved in this matter as I am not an Afrinic member (I only noticed this thread because it is being copied to rpd) but I don't like things being twisted into something they are not and so I want to state for the record that what was said in this discussion is very different from what was said by Andrew at the meeting.

Anyway, I'll stay out of the discussion, I just wanted to point out this inconsistency.

Cheers,
Sander