[members-discuss] [rpd] Privacy breach of nomcom2015's Mailing List

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Mon Jun 8 15:56:49 UTC 2015

Hi Boubakar,

> The downloaded archive was shared with selected Board members, not with the Board.

I informed the board members I personally know. One of them has guaranteed me he would inform the rest of the board. I hope I can assume that the board works as a unity in this.

> In any case, I am waiting for the investigation report that will hopefully tell us if the list has been "mis-configured" from the beginning, the security removed at some point or if the system was hacked.

It was listed as a public mailing list on the 2nd of June when I subscribed. I was told by Afrinic staff that it had (unintentionally) been that way since the list was created.

But let's give Afrinic staff the opportunity to state their own findings. My statements might be perceived as biassed anyway.

Cheers,
Sander