[members-discuss] Re: [rpd] Privacy breach of nomcom2015's Mailing List

Sunday Folayan sunday.folayan at afrinic.net
Sun Jun 7 06:11:11 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 06:40, Noah wrote:

>> I do not know which copy of the archive has been privately circulated in
> the community, and I do not expect to discover that.
>
> That is why i adviced the board chair Sunday to next time be clear rather
> than reporting things to the community  without concrete evidence else it
> sends a wrong message.

I thought it was more reasonable to notify the community instead of
waiting for concrete evidence which may then be misconstrued as 1.
concealment or 2. Living in denial.

From: ...
https://privacyassociation.org/media/pdf/resource_center/Data_Breach_Response_Whitepaper.pdf
... I understand that the acceptable standard is "immediately".

In this case, 1. The Chair made a responsible statement, 2. the
community got the right message, 3. The CEO is right on top of the
issue, 4. The AGMM discussed and closed the case.

Cheers.

Sunday.