[rpd] AnyCast assignments - Update

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Tue Dec 9 11:56:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

The policy should follow new BCPs( which update, replace old ones) without going through PDP unless we have reasons to do otherwise.

Policies must define rules on the targets  and how to justify the needs.  These two BCPs describe current best way of using the resources for global anycast services.  Either we add the requirements  in the policy or we refer to the BCP. I support the last option.

RFC2026  section 5 says

 The BCP subseries of the RFC series is designed to be a way to
 standardize practices and the results of community deliberations.  A
 BCP document is subject to the same basic set of procedures as
 standards track documents and thus is a vehicle by which the IETF
 community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking
 on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the best way
  to perform some operations or IETF process function.

Hope this helps

--Alain