[rpd] AnyCast assignments - Update

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Thu Dec 11 19:23:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014, ALAIN AINA wrote:
> The policy should follow new BCPs( which update, replace old
> ones) without going through PDP unless we have reasons to do
> otherwise.

I agree with that goal.  However, that's not what the proposed
policy says.

I suggest text like this, to make the wording better match the
intent:

    This proposal allows an organization to receive an IPv4/IPv6
    allocation or assignment and/or an AS Number purely for
    anycast or GPRS Roaming Exchange (GRX) usage.  The usage must be
    in line with industry best practices as described in
    BCP126, BCP169, or their successors.

The "or their successors" part is what makes the policy
automatically follow any newer BCPs that update or obsolete the
older BCPs.

--apb (Alan Barrett)