[rpd] IPv4 policy on where space is used.

Saul saul at enetworks.co.za
Sat May 17 08:10:24 UTC 2014

Hi Stephen,

As many have already said, if you are an African company use your resources
wherever in the universe – I am fine with that.

I am referring to the following scenario: Company X is a member of Afrinic
and gets resources. Copmany Y from India pays $10000000000 for this space,
not a member of AFINIC and has no legitimate business in AFRICA.

So this takes care of companies being acquired – they’re still going to have
a presence in AFRICA and I think that there is a policy to transfer
resources to other RIRs if the purchasing company wished to do that. I haven’t
read this policy, so don’t know the implications.

My 2c