Election process (was re: [rpd] AFRINIC Board Elections - 2014: Call for Nominations)

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Sun May 11 01:26:37 UTC 2014

Hi Ni, et al
On 10 May 2014 18:14, Nii Narku Quaynor <quaynor at ghana.com> wrote:
> Very good discussion and outcome though I am a little confused about
> decision procedure

+1 on this one. AFAIK, Nomcom's mandate comes from the BoD and along
with it: the guidelines.  I am concerned that right now the decision
to shift the vote tallying and results to election day is in
contravention of the guidelines and I don't know if the board has
sanctioned this or if a unilateral decision has been made by Nomcom.

Additionally I don't see the rush to get this done in Djibouti. I
think this change requires technological and logistical adjustments
that I am just not sure AFRINIC as assessed properly.

On this basis, I would suggest  we start preparations to implement the
new system immediately and possibly present the assessment Djibouti,
but actually implement it in 2015 after we have a better understanding
of the implications.

Douglas Onyango, PRINCE 2, ITILv3
UG: +256 772 712 139 | NG: +234 813 604 7638