[rpd] Implementation of Global Policy for Post Exhaustion IPV4 Allocation Mechanism

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:21:33 UTC 2014

Hi Seun,
On 24 February 2014 15:26, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
> community. I think by option A, it will mean line 2 and 3 on the policy (in
> bold below) will be 'somewhat' invalid. So in the name of ''sticking to the
> entire guideline'' i go for option 2 as per Fiona's mail
>> Allocations from the IANA may begin once the pool is declared active.
>> In each "IPv4 allocation period", each RIR will receive a single "IPv4
>> allocation unit" from the IANA.
>> An "IPv4 allocation period" is defined as a 6-month period following 1
>> March or 1 September in each year.

I don't think I see how any of these two are invalided by going with
option A; Infact all i can see is the first paragraph saying either A,
or B is fine, and a conspicuously missing clause to link the pool
activation  to the allocation period. Me thinks we wouldn't be
debating if the authors :-) had included this.

Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.