[rpd] Implementation of Global Policy for Post Exhaustion IPV4 Allocation Mechanism

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 14:26:28 UTC 2014

Hello Douglas,all

While i am also neutral on this interpretation as either way works for our
community. I think by option A, it will mean line 2 and 3 on the policy (in
bold below) will be 'somewhat' invalid. So in the name of ''sticking to the
entire guideline'' i go for option 2 as per Fiona's mail

> When one of the RIRs declares it has less than a total of a /9 in its
> inventory, the Recovered IPv4 pool will be declared active, and IPaddresses from the Recovered
> IPv4 Pool will be allocated as follows:
>
>    - Allocations from the IANA may begin once the pool is declared active.
>    - *In each "IPv4 allocation period", each RIR will receive a single
>    "IPv4 allocation unit" from the IANA.*
>    - *An "IPv4 allocation period" is defined as a 6-month period
>    following 1 March or 1 September in each year.*
>
> Regards
My personal views

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*