[AFRINIC-rpd] Last call - Academic IPv4 Allocation- AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-03 -

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 05:22:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Andrew Alston
<alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It obvious that the majority of the community are not ready to support
>> this as it is.
>
> I actually would strongly disagree with this sentiment.  Go back to the
> list, look at the voices in support and the voices against.  A few people
> shouting louder than the rest just not increase the base numbers.  Further
> more, I point to the fact that again, the indication in support of this
> policy in Lusaka on the floor on first show of hands was around 60 – 5 for
> the policy.  After the PDP chairs again put the question to the floor,
> certain agreed minor changes (which have been implemented in draft 3) were
> agreed upon, and the show of hands was called again, it was a unanimous show
> of hands.  Since going to the list, the people who have spoken against the
> policy are largely the original 5 people who were in that meeting.
>
> Secondly, again I point to the fact in order to seek consensus, where there
> is disagreement with the authors, objections should be raised that are
> specific and let the authors address the problems inherent in the policy.
> Questions were asked and answers posted, and summaries of those questions
> and answers have been posted.  In the last email that summarises the
> questions and the answers, there have been no specific objections to the
> answers given on this list, that alone I believe is indication of consensus
> of the fact that the questions have been answered to satisfaction, and
> again, as in many previous emails, I ask the community who disagree with
> those answers to state what the disagreements are and how we can resolve
> them through a dialog process that includes more questions and answers until
> consensus is reached.

I disagreed and oppose because even you gave answers I am still
confused as wheter this policy is real needed. So I am not in support
and need time more to understand it. I feel other feel like this and
it is unfair that Afrinic to send this policy to next level when many
feel like this.

Why you seem to very urgent rush this? If some community member feel
strongly or neutral why you dont want to give time? It give real
feeling of hidden agenda in my opinion.

Jack