[AFRINIC-rpd] Re: PDP discussions

Maina Noah mainanoa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 20:01:13 UTC 2013

On 27 June 2013 22:12, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Of course, that demand cannot and will not be met with IPv4. Nonetheless,
> I think that 5 is not an unreasonable minimum multiplier within the
> probably 3-5 year remaining lifespan of IPv4.
>
> In developed Worlds yes, but in the entire african continent were most
economies are still developing, your assumption is unrealistic. Max 3 for
those from wealthier families but majority students are private who
prioritize schoolfees and the little remaining balance for a laptop and
probably a smart mobile phone that can connect to a typical wifi network.

The above is the true fact in our world.

Owen

Noah