[AFRINIC-rpd] PDP discussions

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 09:58:36 UTC 2013

I am sorry my emotion overtake substance of discussion. It show
passion I have as I oppose the policy.

Sorry Andre et Sunday.

Now I grow up and back to point:

One. I insist that burning our IP quickly to encourage fast IPV6
deployment is no good idea. What happened when IPV6 takes much long
time period globally for deployment? Like 20 to 30 years from this
point? Internet and connection will be depend on IPV4 which now is
over and difficult (expensive) to get from broker and market.

Effect? Expensive to deploy and deliver internet.
Effect? Expense move to consumer.
Effect? Cost of communication go higher AGAIN.

Two. I insist South Afrika Universities (and even Nigeria ones) are in
an advantage because of critical masses in both money and numbers.
Those two country will consume entire IPV4 when they want under this
policy. This took us back to my point one when others universities now
want to connect and even want IPV6 which now still depend on IPv4 to
double stack because IPV6 dont communcate to IPV4 without IPV4. Expert
correct me here.

This proposal I strongly OPPOSE.
Let university be treat like other consumer of Afrinic and provide
accountability of their requirement.
It can b interesting when I see data of how many IP has South afrikan
university compare with other university in afrika.

My 2 cent.

Jack