[AFRINIC-rpd] Re: Address Supporting Organization

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sat Feb 23 15:50:44 UTC 2013

Hi Douglas,
At 04:35 23-02-2013, Douglas Onyango wrote:
>Most of the queries you raise here relate directly to the ASO, and as
>I have already pointed out in most of my responses, the ASO plays a
>global role.
>As such it's community engagements are global and not with particular
>RIRs, atleast not in the way I think you expect in your email.

I have to respectfully mention that I read the above as meaning that
Address Supporting Organization members are not accountable to the
RIR region which elected them.

>Comments are not elicited regionally, but globally; and if you go
>through the ASO website, you will find responses to all your queries,
>just not directed at the AfriNIC or any other RIR.

I read the ASO web site.  I did not find any information about
meeting attendance for the year where the quorum was not reached.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy