[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Nii Narku Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Mon Jan 28 16:42:36 UTC 2013

On Jan 28, 2013, at 15:01, "Andrew Alston" <alston.networks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nii,
>
> I have no problem with Universities submitting network diagrams or network information. [..]
> To properly evaluate such network information requires people who are intimately familiar with the context of the institution and that is not realistic.

And is the university unable to sufficiently document the context for the review or reviewer is not appreciating the context so we make a new policy. There is not only one way to build a network so review may require more cooperation/coordination not necessarily new policy

Besides universities may request ip as needed

The motivation for the policy should be clearer else another type of enterprise network eg government's would make similar suggestions

Since networks are built the justification ought not be a problem after all large Telco's are able to justify their designs....