[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:01:28 UTC 2013

Nii,

I have no problem with Universities submitting network diagrams or network information.  I have a problem with it being evaluated and used to determine the University’s needs, when it patently obvious that you cannot judge IP utilization in any work just based on infrastructure (like wifi ap’s).  To properly evaluate such network information requires people who are intimately familiar with the context of the institution and that is not realistic.

Andrew