[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:42:14 UTC 2013

On 27/01/2013 19:18, Badru Ntege wrote:
> If we must go by a population count i would go for the 1:3 ratio as a
> standard and only move to 1:5 after some proof of existing or planned
> network with some level of implementation time line..

We (authors) were comfortable with 1:3, but comments on the list about
the need to look ahead pushed it to 1:5. This is not our call, Best to
hear again from others.

> The policy could then also cater somehow to an easy transition from
> 1:3 to 1:5 if the original resource has been utilized.

ack

>  i think that way we strike a sustainable balance and ensure Photabtop++.
>
> i.e phase one will be "photabtop"  and phase two will be "photabtop++"

Then you will really earn the name .... Badtron ... Defender/Conservator
of the IP Resources ;)

For now, I doff my hat (The Black Fedora) for the AfriNIC Chair that
easily makes the camel stoop, so that he can drink with the boys (and
the silent girls) at the oasis of knowledge.

Sunday.

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
     blog: http://www.sundayfolayan.name.ng
    email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com