[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Sun Jan 27 18:18:59 UTC 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> the 5:1 ratio has been well argued and eloquently defended and explained.  But as earlier stated it introduces the flaw.
>

> Yes, Badru ... Democracy is a flawed form of Government, but still the most acceptable form of flawed government.

The problem the whole concept of  Democracy is subjective , but that is a discussion for another thread.

> Yes, I am open to dialog. If you point the flaws that need fixing, I promise to roll up my sleeves. For now, this proposal is in second draft, and the thorny part is the ratio ....  1:3 (which Andrew and I proposed) or 1:5 (which the community thinks is realistic).  Are you advocating 1:1 or 1:0.5?

If we must go by a population count i would go for the 1:3 ratio as a standard and only move to 1:5 after some proof of existing or planned network with some level of implementation time line..

The policy could then also cater somehow to an easy transition from 1:3 to 1:5 if the original resource has been utilized.

 i think that way we strike a sustainable balance and ensure Photabtop++.

i.e phase one will be "photabtop"  and phase two will be "photabtop++"

regards