[AFRINIC-rpd] Academic IPv4 Allocation Policy Second Draft (AFPUB-2013-GEN-001-DRAFT-02)

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 13:54:36 UTC 2013

Chair,

> My brain has failed to understand the concept of allocating IP's based on student population.
> This policy could be open to abuse.  Just build up a student population, multiply by 5 and then go the the RIR and get the resources.  Before we know it we have legitimized resource hoarding.

First, a confession .... Where I come from, we allocate resources by
population and land mass ... Isn't IP a resource? ;)

Seriously, You need to read this thread from the beginning and get to
know what led to this proposal by Andrew and Yours truly (Senor Domingo).

We are exploring ways of putting a resource with a short shelf life and
high level of attraction to pirates and brokers, into use, and within
the next 2 years. If you are tempted to think of it as hoarding, then
call it "legitimate burn".

There is no concept that is not open to abuse! The academia is still a
safe haven. I will not consider what is used in training the future
generation - hoarding.

> Still puzzled but open to enlightenment.

Then get into the lotus position, clasp your hands, close your eyes and
just drift. You will attain nirvana!!

Nice day to all.

Sunday.

Sunday Adekunle Folayan