[AFRINIC-rpd] Invoicing/Billing problems

Andrew Alston alston.networks at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:03:19 UTC 2013

Hi Guys,

Once again, I realize that this isn't the list for this but since there
isn't another active list to post to I'm posting it here.

This is an urgent appeal to all members to go and check your myafrinic
billing statements / invoicing and check that things are correct, and check
what your finance departments have been paying as well.

In checking my various clients so far:

1 Client was billed for membership fees for 2013 that were already paid
upfront as part of initial resource allocation

1 Client was billed an *INSANE* amount of money for 2013 in an amount that
was indicative of LIR type money when they have PI resources, and
furthermore, their PI resources were already paid up to at least 2014.

1 Client had a duplicate invoice uploaded which was incorrect.

Three clients, three mistakes.

I am *HIGHLY* concerned at this point, many many of these invoices go
straight to finance departments that will pay them without realizing what
they are paying.  If I've found this with my clients, how much more
incorrect billing has happened, how much money has been collected that
shouldn't have been etc?

Further to this, I am hereby officially requesting AfriNIC do a *FULL AND
COMPLETE* audit on billing and report back to the membership base, as
finding errors of this nature when you check 3 outta 3, is indicative of a
far more serious problem.

If anyone else finds errors in their billing, please report it back so we
can see just how widespread this problem is.  I mean come on, you can mess
up a lot of things, but errors in finance of this nature are excessively
worrying.

Thanks

Andrew