[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Draft Policy Proposal: No Reverse Unless Assigned ID: AFPUB-2012-DNS-001-DRAFT-01

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Nov 27 16:51:12 UTC 2012

Hi McTim,
At 09:28 26-11-2012, McTim wrote:
>I would very much like to see an estimate of the amount of work this
>would put on the Registration Services Team, and note that the PDWG
>co-chair has asked for such an impact assessment.

When did the PDWG co-chair ask for the assessment?

The proposal mentions that:

   "Assignments remain valid as long as the original criteria on which the
    assignment was based are still in place and the assignment is registered
    in the AfriNIC whois database.  An assignment is therefore invalid if it
    is not registered in the database and if the purpose for which it was
    registered has changed or no longer holds."

Does that mean that:

  (a) there are invalid assignments in the database

  (b) there hasn't been any action to remove invalid assignments

Regards,
-sm