[AFRINIC-rpd] Update to Proposal "AFRINIC Whois Database Clean-up"

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Oct 16 11:41:01 UTC 2012

Whilst reading this - a quick question.

How many resource holders are there vs how many of these have
'my.afrinic' accounts. (How many resource holders don't have
'my.afrinic' accounts)

I somewhat believe that all new resource holders should have at least
one (if not all) contact in the my.afrinic system as part of the process
of being allocated resources.
(I'd gently encourage all resource holders to do the same too)

Then there should be some way of gentle persuasion in getting my.afrinic
contacts to login at least once a year to check their details - perhaps
a 'captcha' that must validate? (sitting on the same page as their
current details). Perhaps tied in to paying their account?

Naïve hope that people will update incorrect details if taken to the
right page?