[AfriNIC-rpd] Definitions of LIR versus End User

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:12:33 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Andrew Alston <alston.networks at gmail.com>wrote:

> C.) What are the general community opinions about how an end user should
> be defined, are there any suggestions for this definition.  (I have a few,
> but I would rather hear the communities voice on this before making a
> proposal)

Well i think some things can be borrowed, checking/asking how other
continental registaries define end-user could be a good place to start, we
don't have to re-invent this. Looking through ARIN site(the first i
checked), i see they defined as below:
*end-user:*
An end-user is an organization receiving assignments of IP addresses
exclusively for use in its operational networks.

Looking at that perhaps what can be added is organization to make it:

*end-user:*
An end-user is an organization receiving assignments of IP addresses
exclusively for use in its *organization* operational networks.

Cheers!

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
web:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng