[AfriNIC-rpd] Policy Proposal: End user classification for Universities

Mark Slingsby mark at rsaweb.co.za
Fri Jun 29 06:23:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm sure the other %NIC's have had this same issue.

What do they classify university's as? What is their policy?

It sounds to me like a uni could be either, depending on their network and if they sold to 3rd party organizations. I don't think dorms should be counted as 3rd party's, the students are still part of the same org. However if the use is by a 3rd party, like another uni or school etc the they should definitely be a LIR.

So what does this really effect? What else is different between a LIR and end user? This only really sounds like a price issue. Am I wrong?

Mark Slingsby