[AfriNIC-rpd] NomCom at AFRINIC-16

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:04:14 UTC 2012

Hi SM,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:

> Yes.  BTW, I used meeting #1 and #2 but that does not mean that they are
> the first and second meetings of the year.  There are other factors that
> may be favor a particular configuration.  I didn't cover that as it means
> finding ways to optimize the process.  That would require input from the
> community.
>
> SM the point is still valid either way.....perhaps another thing that
comes to mind is the fact that putting so much gap in between nomination
and the actual election could give room for lobbying for votes. A scenario
related to Africa government election proceeds.

 This probably has to be spell out somewhere as i think people are probably
> not participating in AFRINIC policy stuff because they think its solely for
> AFRINIC good standing members only! OR is that the case?

Anyone can participate, even non-members.

> Regards,
> -sm

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti