[AfriNIC-rpd] Public Comments on the PDWG Co-Chair Candidate

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:35:51 UTC 2012

McTim,

On 05/16/2012 05:31 PM, Douglas Onyango wrote:
> McTim,
>> On 16 May 2012 15:49, McTim<dogwallah at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I would appreciate some feedback on Dr. Afolabi's candidacy.
>> Does anyone on the list know him and want to speak on his behalf?

Just curious .... Why should anyone speak on the candidate's behalf? He
still has the time to address the community before election ... Nes Pas?

> I am equally curious here; I have no knowledge of this candidate and
> his aspiration to lead an esoteric community from the outside is
> definitely disconcerting.

I believe anyone can aspire. I believe everyone should be able to
aspire. It is left for the community to choose who they want at anytime.
I think we took the best decision in Tanzania, by deciding that "even if
there is only one candidate, we still must choose and be allowed to
choose out of that one candidate"  [paraphrasing mine]. If he is a
candidate good enough for the community and his contributions to the
policy development process is considered good enough, why would he not
be voted for?

> IF Paulos chose to relinquish his seat as co-chair, this would put the
> PDPWG is a really precarious situation.

I think bridges should be crossed, if and when we get there. Perhaps
holding the Board elections before the P-CC elections will help the
community in this instance.

Ashok,

Does anything prevents this?

Sunday.